Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New York Trip

On the first of last month I had the opportunity to go to New York. I went with Mike's sisters and mom. First of all I just have to say how greatful I am to have the best in-laws ever! I am the only sister in-law but they make sure to include me so I feel like I am just one of them. Anyway, between my parents and Mike I was able to leave the kids for 5 whole days. We went to Visit Mikes sister Megan who lives there. I had such a wonderful relaxing time, but I missed my little family so much!

Here is a little rundown of what we did (warning there is a ton of pics!)

Suzan and I at the IF airport
Meg surprised us with a stretch limo for our ride to her apartment
In the limo
Our sleeping arrangements
Lesli and I on Canal Street
Megan helping me buy my subway card
My first ride on the subway
Brooke cleaning hot chocolate off me!
Times square
Megan and I in times square
Weird hand chair in times square
Street market watermelon
After the yankee's victory parade there was mounds of paper everywhere it was crazy!
This was a real man but you couldn't even tell
Me at battery park
Battery park
Wall street
Going to church. Megan goes to church in the temple it was pretty cool
Central park
More central park

More central park
The lion king which was amazing!
Hot dog place
Packed up and headed for home
Me trying to carry my heavy luggage down the subway stairs

Thanks Meg and Joe for letting us crash your place!

3 comments:

Chelsi said...

Shay that looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you had a good time!! We'll do lunch next week!!

Whitney said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I'm so jealous!

Meg said...

I just loved having you out here!! I miss you girls... and yes you are for sure one of us Shay!! xoxo