Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dead Camera

A few days ago we had a very tragic accident with my camera. We were at swimming lessons with Caden and I was taking some pictures of him and I turned my head for a second and my cousin Chelsi says "is he going to jump?" I look over and Caden is standing at the deep end of the pool ready to jump in. I yelled at him to get back on the stairs with his class but he just gave me a big smile and jumped right in! So I get up with Livvy in one hand and my camera in the other and run over to the pool and I was able to grab him before he sunk clear to the bottom. When I got him out and saw that he was ok I realized that my camera was sitting at the bottom of the pool.
Mike is working on it but I don't think there is much hope it was down there a pretty long time. I am pretty sad but I would rather have my camera drown than my kid! We are very glad Caden is ok and maybe I will get a new camera for my birthday (Mike hint hint)

3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

I'm so glad that Caden is okay...kids are so fearless! It was so good to see y'all at the reunion even if it was quick. Looks like ya had a great 4th of July also...your kids are darling. Have a great rest of the summer. Love you guys

Whitney said...

Chelsi told me all about the swimming tragedy. He must not have any fear of water. That to bad about your camera though.

Lesli said...

ha ha Shay that sucks so bad but really funny! Perfect timing though to get a new one for your birthday!